Professionally Manufactured Designer Kitchens Using High Quality Polished Granite.
For Kitchens In Aylesbury Use Granite.
Contracts Can Be Undertaken On Behalf Of Builders Or Home Improvement Companies Or For Commercial Or Domestic Customers
We Can Supply To Your Own Specification Or Complete Your Project From Start To Finish
Phone Granite Designs Aylesbury Free On 0800 8818103
Granite Designs Aylesbury For Any Of The Following
Contract Fitting Designer Kitchens and Specialised Fitting
Granite Ideas for Conservatories Kitchens and Utility rooms
Specialised Granite Fitting for Retail Premises Pubs and Clubs
FREE PHONE GRANITE PRODUCTS ALYELSBURY ON
0800 881 8103
Your Personal Contact at Granite Designs Aylesbury
We Have Contracts Available : Free Registration
GRANITE WORK SURFACES ALYELSBURY
GRANITE PRODUCTS ALYELSBURY Acknowledge Wikipedia for the following information
Aylesbury is the county town of Buckinghamshire in south east England. In the 2001 census the Aylesbury Urban Area, which includes Bierton, Fairford Leys, Stoke Mandeville and Watermead, had a population of 69,021, which included 56,392 for the Aylesbury civil parish. Aylesbury is part of the London commuter belt. Contents [hide] * 1 History * 2 Modern Aylesbury * 3 Architecture * 4 Education * 5 Administration * 6 Trade and industry * 7 Transport o 7.1 Road o 7.2 Bus o 7.3 Rail o 7.4 Cycling Demonstration town * 8 Notable residents * 9 Popular culture * 10 Geography * 11 Twin towns * 12 Places of interest * 13 Gallery * 14 See also * 15 References * 16 External links  History The town name is Anglo-Saxon, though excavations in the town centre in 1985 found an Iron Age hillfort dating from around 650BC. The town is sited on an outcrop of Portlandian limestone which accounts for its prominent position in the surrounding landscape, which is largely clay. Aylesbury was a major market town in Anglo-Saxon times, famous in addition as the burial place of Saint Osyth, whose shrine attracted pilgrims. The Early English parish church of St. Mary (with many later additions) may be built over the remains of a Saxon crypt. At the Conquest, the king took the manor of Aylesbury for himself, and it is listed as a royal manor in the Domesday Book, 1086. Market Square, Aylesbury. Market Square, Aylesbury. In 1450 a religious institution called the Guild of St Mary was founded in Aylesbury by John Kemp, Archbishop of York. Known popularly as the Guild of Our Lady it became a meeting place for local dignitaries and a hotbed of political intrigue. The Guild was influential in the final outcome of the Wars of the Roses. Its premises at the Chantry in Church Street, Aylesbury, are still there, though today the site is occupied mainly by almshouses. Aylesbury was declared the county town of Buckinghamshire in 1529 by King Henry VIII: Aylesbury Manor was among the many properties belonging to Thomas Boleyn the father of Anne Boleyn and it is rumoured that the change was made by the king in order to curry favour with the holders of the manor. (Previously the county town of Buckinghamshire was Buckingham).
Dalbeattie In Dumfries and Galloway Is Said To Be The Birthplace Of Granite Polishing. Granite Quarrying Craignair quarry is a notable town landmark Formerly granite quarrying was an important part of the Dalbeattie economy. The most prominent of which is the characteristic Craignair quarry which is clearly visible to the west of the town. Dalbeattie Granite works was established in 1820 and was situated in Craignair Street, following a direct route from Craignair quarry. The industry died down locally around 1883 due to cheaper imports from Denmark. Many of the workers immigrated to other parts of the world in order to find work, a number immigrated to the USA to work at a sister quarry in Westerly, Rhode Island. Dalbeattie is credited with developing the technique of polishing granite stone to form a shiny surface. This technique was exported throughout the world by the skilled workers of Dalbeattie as they travelled.