Professionally Manufactured Designer Kitchens Using High Quality Polished Granite.
For Kitchens In Burnley Use Granite.
Contracts Can Be Undertaken On Behalf Of Builders Or Home Improvement Companies Or For Commercial Or Domestic Customers
We Can Supply To Your Own Specification Or Complete Your Project From Start To Finish
Phone Granite Designs Burnley Free On 0800 8818103
Granite Designs Burnley For Any Of The Following
Contract Fitting Designer Kitchens and Specialised Fitting
Granite Ideas for Conservatories Kitchens and Utility rooms
Specialised Granite Fitting for Retail Premises Pubs and Clubs
FREE PHONE GRANITE PRODUCTS BURNLEY ON
0800 881 8103
Your Personal Contact at Granite Designs Burnley
Required In Burnley: Free Registration
GRANITE WORK SURFACES BURNLEY Acknowldge Wikipedia For The Following Information
Burnley's origins lie in prehistoric times, as indicated by the Stone Age flint tools and weapons that have been found on the moors around the town. Local place names Padiham and Habergham show the influence of the Angles, suggesting that some had settled in the area by the early seventh-century, but there is no definitive record of settlement until 1122, when a charter granted the church of Burnley to the monks of Pontefract Abbey. In its early days, Burnley was a small farming community, gaining a corn mill in 1290, a market in 1294, and a fulling mill in 1296. At this period, it lay within the manor of Ightenhill, one of five that made up the Honour of Clitheroe, then a far more significant settlement, and consisted of no more than 50 families. Little survives of early Burnley - the name means 'meadow by the River Brun'  - apart from the Market Cross, erected in 1295, which now stands in the grounds of an annexe of Burnley College. Over the next three centuries, Burnley grew in size to about 1,200 inhabitants by 1550, still centred around the church, St Peter's, in what is now known as 'Top o' th' Town'. Prosperous residents built larger houses, including Gawthorpe Hall and Towneley Hall, and in 1532 St Peter's Church was largely rebuilt. Burnley's grammar school was founded in 1559, and moved into its own schoolhouse next to the church in 1602. Burnley began to develop in this period into a small market town. It is known that weaving was established in the town by the middle of the seventeenth-century, and in 1617 a new Market House was built.
Dalbeattie In Dumfries and Galloway Is Said To Be The Birthplace Of Granite Polishing. Granite Quarrying Craignair quarry is a notable town landmark Formerly granite quarrying was an important part of the Dalbeattie economy. The most prominent of which is the characteristic Craignair quarry which is clearly visible to the west of the town. Dalbeattie Granite works was established in 1820 and was situated in Craignair Street, following a direct route from Craignair quarry. The industry died down locally around 1883 due to cheaper imports from Denmark. Many of the workers immigrated to other parts of the world in order to find work, a number immigrated to the USA to work at a sister quarry in Westerly, Rhode Island. Dalbeattie is credited with developing the technique of polishing granite stone to form a shiny surface. This technique was exported throughout the world by the skilled workers of Dalbeattie as they travelled.