Professionally Manufactured Designer Kitchens Using High Quality Polished Granite.
For Kitchens In Maidstone Use Granite.
Contracts Can Be Undertaken On Behalf Of Builders Or Home Improvement Companies Or For Commercial Or Domestic Customers
We Can Supply To Your Own Specification Or Complete Your Project From Start To Finish
Phone Granite Designs Maidstone Free On 0800 8818103
Granite Designs Maidstone For Any Of The Following
Contract Fitting Designer Kitchens and Specialised Fitting
Granite Ideas for Conservatories Kitchens and Utility rooms
Specialised Granite Fitting for Retail Premises Pubs and Clubs
FREE PHONE GRANITE PRODUCTS MAIDSTONE ON
0800 881 8103
Your Personal Contact at Granite Designs Maidstone
We Have Contracts Available : Free Registration
GRANITE WORK SURFACES MAIDSTONE
GRANITE PRODUCTS MAIDSTONE Acknowledge Wikipedia for the following information
Maidstone Museum has evidence of many prehistoric peoples inhabiting the area. In particular, Neolithic finds have been made locally, notably at Kit’s Coty and the Countless Stones. The Romans brought Maidstone greater importance; their road from Watling Street at Rochester to Hastings passed through the site, connecting with the iron industry of the Weald: two villas and a number of other sites, have been discovered nearby. They were also among the first to extract stone (the sandstone known as Kentish ragstone) from the area. A great many other finds relate to this period. The Normans, in their turn recognised the worth of the area. by the time of Domesday Book. Heathland to the north of the town (today the suburb of Penenden Heath) was the site of shire moots or regional assemblies and the location of a key trial in the years immediately following the Norman Conquest. In 1146 the Cistercians from Clairvaux built an abbey at Boxley, to the northeast of the town; it was destroyed in 1538 . Gatehouse of the College Gatehouse of the College In the same period there were two hospitals here built for the care of wayfarers, especially those on pilgrimage; and a “college” of secular priests. In the early Middle Ages the town was the home of the Guild of Corpus Christi. Members of the guild employed a chaplain who said prayers for their souls when they died and looked after its members in old age and in times of sickness.
Dalbeattie In Dumfries and Galloway Is Said To Be The Birthplace Of Granite Polishing. Granite Quarrying Craignair quarry is a notable town landmark Formerly granite quarrying was an important part of the Dalbeattie economy. The most prominent of which is the characteristic Craignair quarry which is clearly visible to the west of the town. Dalbeattie Granite works was established in 1820 and was situated in Craignair Street, following a direct route from Craignair quarry. The industry died down locally around 1883 due to cheaper imports from Denmark. Many of the workers immigrated to other parts of the world in order to find work, a number immigrated to the USA to work at a sister quarry in Westerly, Rhode Island. Dalbeattie is credited with developing the technique of polishing granite stone to form a shiny surface. This technique was exported throughout the world by the skilled workers of Dalbeattie as they travelled.